Friday, September 16, 2011

iphone...do you love it?

Hi all--I was driving to work today and I looked down at my iphone that was sitting beside me.  The technology junkie inside me said, "I really, really (can't list all the reallys) love this phone!"  I remember back when I was 15 or 16 years old (yes, in Hawaii, you could get your license at 15) Radio Shack came out with a mobile phone that looked something like this:



I remember thinking that this was the best thing since sliced bread and now I don't have to find a phone to call someone when I received a page on my pager.  If I recall correctly, my model had to be plugged into the cigarette lighter (yes, cigarette lighter. I am not that old, but we now have power/chargers, not lighters in our cars) to work and the battery was about as large as my lunch box.  Wow, times have changed!  Now I can browse the web, tweet, listen to music, talk on the phone, look at pictures, take pictures, record video (in HD!!!!!), video conference with my parents in Hawaii, etc. etc. all from my wonderful iphone.

I can't imagine what the next 10 years will bring us.

No comments:

Post a Comment