Friday, September 9, 2011

To kick it off...

I'll never forget where I'm from is the title of my new blog.  A note that I will not be blogging all the time, mostly tweeting, but wanted to start a blog for longer messages.  The first thing I wanted to do was to explain why I named my new blog "I'll never forget where I'm from...".

There are 2 primary reasons:  First, I currently live in the great Northwest, but was born and raised on the Big Island of Hawaii.  If you have ever been to Hawaii, you know that the "aloha spirit" can get on you pretty easy.  I will never forget the fond memories of growing up in Hawaii...the food, culture, music, people, values, etc.  My mom and dad still live in Hawaii and bring the aloha spirit with them when they come to visit us.  I could not think of a better place to have lived for the first 19 years of my life.

Second, Ecclesiastes 3:11 says that God has "set eternity in the hearts of men."  During my junior year in college, I became a believer in Christ and that eternal and spiritual longing was fulfilled...I will never forget what God has done in my life.

My wife (Twitter @SMW003) and 2 children are actively involved in our local church, The Potter's House.  I lead the worship services and my wife sings on the worship team and teaches voice lessons to many members of our church.

Have a great day!

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment